Managing Editor - Arsenal FC 2002-2015.
My primary role was to devise and manage strategy in all content areas – website, international television show, social media (domestic and overseas), publications, apps, live web TV.
- Lead the development of one of the major club websites in world football producing highest quality content.
- Created and managed content teams in London
- Appointed and manage content teams in south-east Asia, USA, South America and other parts of the world
Social Media Achievements
I launched and devised content plans on all major social platforms. We did this:
- Twitter – 3rd biggest sports team in world, biggest in EPL
- Facebook – 5th biggest sports team in world
- Soundcloud - biggest football team in the world
- Instagram – 5th biggest football team in the world
- Sina Weibo - 3rd biggest football team in the world
- YouTube - fastest-growing football team in the world
Initiated and/or managed the following content developments:
- International TV Show (22 broadcasters in 100 territories)
- Chinese social media - launched on WeChat, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo
- Other overseas social media - launched in territories including Indonesia, Vietnam, China, USA, Japan
- Virtual Reality studio at Emirates Stadium
- Bespoke apps for special events
Appointed the following teams:
- Editorial team for written content
- Production team for video content
- Live team and commentary/TV team for live shows online
- Overseas social media teams
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS - Colorado RAPIDS (MLS) 2015-
Managed the content, personnel and budget of key departments. Devised new content/social media strategy which produced spectacular results.
- #1 ranked Facebook page in MLS during 2016
- Doubled social media reach in first 16 months despite poor on-pitch results
- Devised a YouTube mini-series for Tim Howard’s return to MLS
- Created a new partner content strategy delivering increased value to partners
- Appointed entirely new team of producers, editors, writers
- Communications strategist and club spokesman developing a profile for the club in the ‘toughest sports market in the US’.
- Steering committee memberships: MLS All-Star game, Brazil v Panama friendly.